Currently, Montfort College is a Secondary Co-educational School. We have classes for students from Year 7 to Year 12. There are approximately 3,200 students. There are two main types of Programs; namely Regular Program and English Programme (EP).
In Regular Program there are 5 learning plans for students to choose according to their interests and academic capabilities. They are:
- Science – Mathematics Programme plan to serve students who would like to further their studies in medical science, engineering, pharmacy, dentistry … etc after their graduation from Year 12.
- French Programme to serve students who would like to excell in French and further their studies in fields that require French language.
- Chinese Programme to serve students who would like to further their studies in the fields that require Chinese language.
- Japanese Programme to serve students who would like to further their studies in the fields that require Japanese language.
- Music Programme to serve students who are interested in music and woud like to further their studies in music.
In EP there are two Programmes. as follows :
- Science-Mathematics Programme to serve students who are interested in English and would like to further their studies either in Thailand or overseas in the related fields in science.
- Business Arts Programme for students who would like to continue their studies in business administration or economics and related fields.
Learning Organization in the Lower Secondary (Year 7 to Year 9)
In Montfort College, there are eight classrooms from Year 7 to Year 9. The rooms from 1/1 to 1/7 are meant for common students but 1/8 is reserved for special gifted students who would like to excell in academics and would like to further their studies in Science-Mathematics programme. There are approximately 55 students in each room. The school plans to encourage and develop various academic activities such as how to design and create Robots, science projects, Computer Olympic and promote various competitions in computer projects.
Learning Organization in the Higher Secondary (Year 10 to Year 12)
1. Science-Mathematics Programme in Higher Secondary
Science-Mathematics programme in Year 10 consists of regular classes and gifted classes with the following details. M. 4/1 to M. 4/4 are gifted classes for Mathematics, Thai, English and Science, whereas M. 4/5 to M. 4/8 are regular science-mathematics classes.
There are not over 55 students in each class with the following intelligence developing academic potentials for students such as learners’ Olympic potentials development project, TEDET, ASMO and Serm Punya Tests, Social Studies Trip Camp, Mathematics Camp, MC Genius Camp, Under-sea World Opening Camp and Montfort Singapore Survivor Camp.
2. Language and Music Programme in Higher Secondary
At present, there are four programmes of Learning in Montfort College from Year 10 to Year 12 (M. 4 to M. 6) to meet the demand of future education.
1) French Programme (M. 4/9) admits not over 50 students.
2) Chinese Programme (M. 4/10) admits not more than 50 students.
3) Japanese Programme (M. 4/11) welcomes no over 35 students.
4) Music Programme (M. 4/12) admits not more than 15 students.
Montfort College realizes the importance of the quality standard of education of all these Arts students. Therefore, the school decides that there must be standardized examinations for them such as DELF examination to verify the quality of students who study in French Programme,
Chinese HSK examination to verify the quality of students who study Chinese. In Chinese Programme, there is a student exchange program with Changzhou University in the People’s Republic of China, through which students can apply to go and study the Chinese language in Changzhou University for one semester. And for students who choose to study Japanese, they will have to sit for JLPT examination and if they wish, they can join a short student exchange program to Japan.
3. Classrooms to enrich students with academic excellence of Gifted Classrooms.
Lower Secondary from Year 7 to Year 9 (M. 1 to M. 3)
Montfort College provides opportunities for students to develop their academic potentials for Mathematics, Science and English by grouping them in Classes 1/8, 2/8 and 3/8 to intensify the content of various
subjects so that the students in these classes can accomplish their studies in a shorter time while acquiring more learning experiences.
Higher Secondary from Year 10 to Year 12 (m. 4 to M. 6)
In this Level, the school has encouraged students in academic excellence by grouping them in Gifted Classes of various fields as follows:
1) For Mathematics: 25 students in M. 4/1 are selected for this purpose.
2) For Thai: 25 students in M. 4/2 are prepared for this purpose.
3) For English: 25 students in M. 4/3 are chosen for this purpose.
4) For Science (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) 55 students in M. 4/4 are prepared for this purpose.
• English Program (EP)
Lower Secondary (Grade 7th – 9th)
There are 2 Classes (A and B) of not more than 30 students from M. 1 to M. 3. In each classroom , there are 2 class teachers: One Foreign and the other Thai to look after the students. The ratio of percentages of classes taught by Foreign Teacher to Thai is 60:40. Students in this level will have the opportunity to sit for international standard tests of KET, PET and Cambridge Checkpoint in English as a Second language, Mathematics and Science.
Higher Secondary (Grade 10th – 12th)
The students in Higher Secondary can choose to study either Science Programme ( A Classes) or in Business Administration Arts (B Classes). There are not more than 30 students in each classroom which is looked after by two teachers: one Foreign and the other Thai. The ration of percentages of classes taught by Foreign Teacher to Thai is 60:40. Students in A Classes of this Level will have the opportunity to sit for international standard examinations of Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) in Biology, Chemistry, English as a Secondary Language, Mathematics and Physics. Whereas the students in B Classes will have the opportunity to sit for international standard examinations of Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) in English as a Secondary Language, Mathematics, Business Studies, Economics and Computer Science and three subjects in AS (Advance Subsidiary) and A (Advance) Levels and IELTS.